Odesa is located on the shore of the Odesa Gulf on the northwest coast of the Black Sea, at a distance of about 39 kilometers from the border with Moldova.
- Temperature: in Summer +29, in Autumn +15, in Winter +2, in Spring +12 C
- The water temperature from the end of May to the end of September is +23 degrees
- 290 sunny days per year
- 30 km of coastline
- Taxi costs 3–4 Euros
- Public transport costs 15–20 Eurocents (shuttle, bus, tram, sightseeing bus).
- The population is approximately 1 011 000 people
- Language spoken: Russian and Ukrainian.
- Odessa is a multinational and multi-confessional city, where representatives of various religions live peacefully.
- There are 8 religions, common confessions are Orthodoxy, Catholicism, Judaism, Islam.
- 130 nationalities: Ukrainians, Bulgarians, Jews, Moldovans, Belarusians, Armenians, Poles, Georgians, Azerbaijanis, Russians.
Some additional facts:
- No visa for US citizens, the EU and the UK
- Visa issue at the border for the UAE, China and India
- The visa is valid for 90 days a year.
- Safe in most areas
- The satisfaction level of tourist 98% according to the information from the Tripadvisor.
How to get to Odesa:
- 100 connecting flights
- 17 airlines
- 20 direct international destinations
- Odesa airport is in TOP 3 Airports in Ukraine
- Direct flights: Warsaw, Vienna, Istanbul, Minsk, Chisinau, Prague, Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn, Krakow, Berlin, Frankfurt, Ankara, Batumi, Yerevan, Tel-Aviv, Dubai, Sharm-El-Sheikh, Thessaloniki, Sofia
- Odesa is a railroad center of Ukraine: 4200 kilometers
- Pan European No.9 transport corridor.
Odesa is a progressive city:
- 10+ coworking spaces
- 3 circuses
- 25+ museums
- 2 zoos with exotic animals
- 50+ clubs
- an aquarium-dolphinarium
- 20+ parks and squares
- 20 theaters
- 5 skating rinks
- 30 monuments and sculptures
- 15 cinemas
- 10+ beaches
- underwater history museum
- 23 sister cities: Liverpool (Great Britain), Lodz (Poland), Chisinau (Moldova), Regensburg (Germany), Qingdao (China), Istanbul (Turkey), Haifa (Israel), etc.
- Main directions: Development of Danube region, sustainable tourism development, the implementation of joint international initiatives and activities
- Member of the international organization “Danube Influence Center”
- 15 partner cities: Warsaw and Gdansk, Minsk and Brest, Ningbo, etc.
- It`s the only million city of Ukraine, which entered the international network “Intercultural cities”
- Program of the Council of Europe. Contributes to improving comfort of living and fruitful international cooperation of its participants.
Types of tourism in Odesa:
- Sport and Recreation
- Wellness and Spa Tourism
Prices for food and accommodation:
- Currency: Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH)
- The average cost of the trip is 30-80 euro per day, and for luxury trip – 80 euro per day
- 500 restaurants
- Economy eats – 5-10 euros, moderately priced 10-20 euros, fine dining 20+ euros.
- 300+ hotels and 50+ hostels.
- An average cost of living is 30-60 euros in hotels, 30-50 euros in apartments, 5-20 euros in hostels, 30+ euros in health and spa hotels.