Odessa International Medical University announces the admissions to Postgraduate programmes in various specialties.
- Master of Science in Nursing (Duration – 2 years)
- Clinical residency (Duration – 2-3 years)
- PhD education (Duration – 3-4 years)
- Short term Advanced Certificate Course (Duration – 3-12 months)
Languages of instruction:
Please, check the process and requirement for admission on our website.
Postgraduate education is a system of upgrading skills for people who have already obtained diplomas of higher education.
The law of Ukraine “About education” determines postgraduate education as “specialized improvement of education and professional training of a person by means of extending, broadening and refreshing his/her knowledge and skills on the basis of already gained higher education (specialty) or professional and technical education (profession)”.
Master of Science in Nursing
Training for graduate students in the specialty of “Nursing” is carried out in two directions: profession-oriented and scientific and educational. The specialized master course implements educational programs of applied character aimed at training leading nursing specialists in specialization profile, teaching major methods of management and training professional nursing to manage healthcare department effectively.
Scientific and pedagogical master course implements educational programs of postgraduate training of specialists for higher and postgraduate education systems and scientific and research field with in-depth scientific and educational training.
Clinical resident is a person who has a master’s degree (educational qualification level of specialist) of medical direction and studies in order to deepen professional knowledge, increase the level of competence of a specialist doctor.
During training in a clinical residency, doctors must acquire the following:
– to master modern methods of prevention, diagnosis, treatment of diseases, in accordance with the profile of clinical residency;
– to master the methods of conducting basic scientific and practical researches;
– to acquire the necessary practical skills and professional skills in the relevant medical specializaion;
– fully implement the individual curriculum;
– to report on the progress of implementation of the individual plan of clinical internship preparation to academic adviser within a schedule term;
– to fulfill other duties stipulated by the Law of Ukraine “On Education”, the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education” and other normative legal acts on education.
PhD degree it is a third level of higher education of the national qualification stage. Training of postgraduate students of higher education to obtain the obtain the degree of Doctor of Philosophy is carried out according to the educational and scientific program and curriculum, which are approved by the Scientific Council of Odessa International Medical University for each specialty.
During the period of postgraduate study the graduate student is obliged to fulfill all requirements of the educational and scientific program, in particular to acquire theoretical knowledge, skills, other competences sufficient to suggest new ideas, to solve complex problems in the field of professional, research and innovation activity, to master the methodology of scientific and pedagogical activity, as well as to conduct their own scientific research, the results of which are of scientific, theoretical and/or practical importance, and to defend the thesis.