Availability of Facilities for Low Mobility Groups
In order to ensure accessibility of buildings of Odessa International Medical University for persons with disabilities and other low-mobility groups of the population, they are equipped with a metal ramp on the stairs to the building on the first floor, with a fence from one side in accordance with state building rules, and standards – DBN B.2.2-17: 2006 «Buildings and structures. Accessibility of buildings and structures for low-mobility population groups ”: .
In addition, the Procedure for the support (assistance) of small-mobile population groups during their stay at Odessa International Medical University was approved. Support for the education of students with disabilities is a system of measures that should ensure equal access to education to minimize the problems of students with learning disabilities:
– If necessary to visit the premises of the university, persons in need could contact any employee of the university for assistance.
– Support while admission to the university: In the process of admission to the university, the entrant will find the admission committee on the ground floor, which has a ramp. The member of the admissions committee is responsible for consulting regarding chosen specialty, and the current opportunities of the university in organizing the support of his studies and the requirements of the educational institution
– If the person in need intends to visit the university, the head of the structural unit reports to the vice-rector of distance education. After the instruction of the Vice-Rector, a temporary pass is issued to the person in need and he/she is escorted to the required department.
– First of all, the responsible person specifies what kind of assistance a low-mobility citizen or a person with a disability needs, and clarifies the purpose of attending the university, the need for an escort. If the person who needs help refuses the offer and does not need the help of the responsible person, it is forbidden to impose his help on him.
– After the visit of the person in need, the responsible person arranges escort of the person in need to the exit from the building of the university, as he informs the Vice-rector of distance learning for a further report to the rector of the university.