According to the law of Ukraine “About higher education” a quality assurance center was created at Odesa International Medical University. The main aim of this center is a permanent improvement of the quality of higher education in an educational establishment, provision of functioning of national and European standards which will contribute to educational activities.
The center works fulfilling tasks related to scientific and methodological, organizational and technological provision of the quality of education, study monitoring, support of academic honesty, informing interested specialists about standardized procedures of quality assessment.
The Center actively participates in controlling the quality of education at the university.
The system of external quality assurance consists of:
- some standards for every level of higher education within the framework of every specialty;
- licensing conditions of performing educational activities of educational establishments;
- requirements of State Attestation about acquired competence of graduates;
- the standards of cooperation with employers connected with the assurance of a competitive level of specialists ‘training,
- World and national rating assessment of activities of the University.
The system of internal quality assurance includes the control of:
- human resourcing of educational activities;
- academic and methodological assurance of educational activities;
- material and technical support of educational activities;
- the quality of university classes;
- the quality of students’ knowledge;
- the assurance of students ‘mobility;
- assuring the availability of information systems for the effective management of an educational process;
- the monitoring and periodical revision of educational programs;
- assuring the publicity of the information about educational programs, academic degrees and qualifications;
- the system of avoiding academic plagiarism in works.
Skill enhancement for academic and teaching staff
Skill enhancement for academic and teaching staff is a purposeful permanent improvement of professional competence and pedagogical skills which are necessary for gaining proficiency in tasks that contribute to the increase of the quality of administrative, educational, academic, innovative, creative and pedagogical activities of the university.
The academic and teaching staff of the university constantly enhances their qualification in various educational establishments, certain organizations and institutions in Ukraine and abroad.
Academic and methodological assurance includes:
- national standards of education;
- plans of study;
- academic programs of all normative and selective disciplines;
- programs of academic, productive and other kinds of practice;
- books and manuals;
- instructive and methodological materials for seminars, practical and laboratory classes;
- individual semester tasks for students’ independent work;
- control tasks for seminar, practical and laboratory classes;
- tests for checking knowledge of students;
- methodological materials for students for independent training, writing of course works and diploma projects.
The Center is subordinate to a rector and the first pro-rector, reports the university administration about its work.