The evaluation system “KROK” is a way of checking the level of professional competence for those students who study such specialties as “Medicine”, “Pharmacy” and doctors or pharmacists who have primary specialization (internship) in all higher education institutions of the country. The Medical Licensing Examination “KROK” is organized by the Testing Center under the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Odesa International Medical University provides extensive training of students for the licensing exams “KROK-1”and “KROK-2” and in particular:
- It contributes to the distribution of information about the aim and order of the licensing exams;
- It provides students (interns) with high quality training for the licensing exams;
- It provides an annual replenishment of the amount of testing tasks for the licensing exams; It involves the participation of experts and teachers in professional, post-examination and other kinds of the evaluation of testing materials;
- It submits the registration data of students (interns) to the Testing Center for the Licensing Examination registration;
- It provides the division of students (interns) into classrooms where the Licensing Examination will take place according to the requirements of the Testing Center, creates safe conditions for participants of the examination;
- It organizes providing students (interns) with medical aid (if necessary).
The Licensing exams are performed on the basis of technologies of pedagogical testing and conducted in a writing (with blanks) testing or computer forms. An Examination test consists of 200 (150 for the licensing exams “KROK M” and “KROK B”) testing tasks which passed professional evaluation. The duration of testing for students (interns) who are citizens of Ukraine is one minute for one testing task. Students (interns), citizens of other countries are given additional time (40 minutes) for testing.
The process of testing is an object of photo-, audio- and videorecording. Every classroom where the Licensing Examination takes place, should be so equipped with videocameras, that a received image would cover not less than 95 % of the classroom.
The training of students of a medical faculty for the Licensing exams “KROK-1” and “KROK-2” is performed on a regular basis in three languages for the whole period of study: in Ukrainian (for citizens of Ukraine and Ukrainian speaking foreign citizens), in Russian (for Russian speaking society) and in English (for English speakers).
The training system for “KROK”, realized at the medical faculty, includes a theoretical and testing preparation of students that is performed with the use of full-time and offline consultations, the system of e-studying and the control of the preparation level, printed manuals and guidance, specially developed software etc.
The training for the KROK-examination is conducted during the whole studying process.
You may receive a part of materials for self-preparation contacting curators.
Preparing for the exams “KROK-1”and “KROK-2”, students (interns) should take into account different aspects:
- Substantive training;
- Familiarization with the procedure of the Licensing exams (regulations, conditions for the access, consequences of being late or absent);
- Familiarization with the rules of filling in the blanks and booklets;
- The choice of your own tactics of testing, undergoing of training tests, measure of time.
Before starting the purposeful training for the licensing exams, it is important to get tested by yourself or in a group imitating the exam “KROK”. For such practice testing students may use opened booklets from the previous years of studying which are available in the library of our university. In that way, you may get an objective result of your knowledge and control the success of your training.
Taking into consideration that fact that the licensing exams are based on field standards of higher education which also help determine the program of disciplines, the main source for training is standard learning materials – books, manuals, syllabus, texts of lections, practical works.
The first and the most significant step for training is a systematic learning and the revision of studying material.
Every test our students pass includes a part of tasks from examination booklets of the previous years. That is why absolute knowledge of these booklets increases chances of successful passing.
It must be remembered that examination booklets from the previous years comprise only a part of a test and the source of other tests is a closed bank of testing tasks which had professional evaluation. That’s why the preparation should not be restricted by learning only booklets – it is strongly recommended to revise all the material.
Have a good luck during the Licensing Examination!