The aim of a Scientific Association of Students, Aspirants, Doctors and Young Scientists at Odesa International Medical University is the creation of favorable conditions for scientific and research work as well as combining common efforts for solving relevant problems of a contemporary science.
The activities of the Scientific Association are performed according to the Constitution of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine “About education”, “About higher education”, “About scientific and scientific and technical activities”.
It is aimed at unleashing scientific and creative potential of people who study at this higher education institution, developing their scientific thinking and skills of a research work, popularizing different fields of science, developing innovative activities, organizational assistance for management of OIMU in the optimization of scientific and educational work.
Membership of the Scientific Association is free and is performed volitionally. Young scientists are the workers of the university and are under 35 years old. They have higher education and conduct fundamental and/ or applied scientific researches, gain scientific and scientific and technical results.
The main tasks of the Scientific Association of OIMU are the following:
- The formation of conditions for unleashing scientific and creative potential of students and aspirants;
- Assistance in providing with extensive learning and perception of disciplines according to an educational plan;
- Mastering of contemporary methods and skills of doing independent scientific researches;
- Mastering of organizational forms and scientific researches;
- The organization of students’ and aspirants’ work in a scientific life of the university and beyond;
- Contribution to the development of cooperation between students and aspirants of different higher education establishments;
- Search and support of talented researchers among students and aspirants of the university, assisting them;
- Participation in solving the issues of international exchange of students.
The decision of accepting in the membership of the Scientific Association is made by the Conference of students, aspirants, doctoral students and young scientists of the University.
The members of the Scientific Association can be students who are under 35 years old (doctoral students – under 40) who desired to work at the Scientific Association.
The members of the Scientific Association can be combined according to the fields of activities of the Scientific Association in working groups, committees etc. The necessity to create them and the sphere of their activities are determined by the Council of the Scientific Association and the members of the Association.
The highest collegiate organ of the Scientific Association of the university is the Conference of the members (delegates) of the Scientific Association.